Which Wall Makes the Best Accent Wall?
November 28, 2022
Do you feel that your room looks dull or lacks a wow factor? Then, an accent wall is a perfect way to give your room a unique feature that won't cost a lot of money. Plus, it will make your room and decor memorable to anyone you entertain at home and more modern and appealing for your everyday life.
What Is an Accent Wall?
An accent wall is a feature that can be added to any room, inside or outside a house or business, by selecting a wall that's a focal point and painting or paneling it with a bold color, shade, design, or material. However, not all walls are good candidates to be turned into accent walls. There are some things you need to consider to choose the right one.
3 Things To Consider When Choosing an Accent Wall
- The Focal Point
To identify the focal point in any room, you have to pay close attention to the place where your gaze falls immediately after entering the room. Sometimes it is a simple central wall, and other times it might be a key feature of the room, like a fireplace or the wall behind the headboard of your bed. These are all great candidates to become accent walls.
- The Room's Dimensions and Function
Depending on the shape and size of the room, some walls can help you make them look larger or compartmentalize zones. For example, if you have an integrated kitchen with your dining and living room area, you could choose an accent wall to outline each area. Also, if you have a small room, you can choose an accent wall with a light color to make it look bigger. The opposite also works; you could paint an accent wall a dark color to make a room seem smaller.
- The Details
Walls with big windows or integrated bookshelves are not good candidates to become accent walls because these kinds of details distract from the accent wall's color. To choose the perfect accent wall, you should look for a wall without any details to outshine your accent design or color.
Accent Walls Dos and Don'ts
There are many types of accent walls and accent wall ideas
you could apply to your room. The possibilities are endless, and to help guide you through them, we have compiled a list of three accent wall dos and don'ts.
- Do think outside the box and dare to be original by going beyond solid colors and choosing patterns, panels, or even more than one color in an accent wall.
- Do create accent walls in neutral color-themed rooms. We know that when people think of accent walls, they think about bright and bold colors or eccentric designs. Still, accent walls can also be a darker shade of beige in a white room or some other neutral color that goes with your décor.
- Do choose paint or color panels according to the emotions you want to feel. For example, blue is generally soothing and will work great for a bedroom. Check out more about what each color can make you feel on colorphycology.org and make an informed decision when creating your accent wall.
- Don't stop at just walls. The ceiling is also a focal point that you can explore by painting it a darker color or adding panels that draw the eye. Some even call it the fifth wall in any room!
- Don't limit your imagination to single-color accent walls; you can also use strips to divide the wall into sections and create a masterpiece that draws attention with different colors, panels, and even textures!
- Don't forget about the décor. If you are unwilling to change your furniture, you should pick a color and style for your accent wall that goes with your current décor. If you are moving into a new home that you have yet to furnish, you have more freedom, but remember to buy pieces that complement your accent wall's color and style.
Why Create Your Accent Walls With Cabinet Reface Direct?
installed by Cabinet Reface Direct offer more creativity and more exciting choices than paint. And the best part? There is no mess. No demolition is required as we install directly on existing walls for a quick installation with minimal disruption to your daily routine.
Schedule Your Complete Kitchen
Reface Today and Receive
Most work is completed in one day, and you won't experience any downtime or messy construction while enjoying incredible results.
Before you know it, your new accent wall will be the center of attention for friends and guests. Call us at 877-673-3223
or fill out the form in the contact us
section to learn more about our seamless, no-mess installation process and how affordable designing your dream home can be.